Choose Heating Oil For Your Home: 10 Reasons
May 25, 2020
With efficiency ratings as high as 95%, oilheat has proven time and time again that it is the clear choice when it comes to home heating fuel for your home in the Palmetto State. And efficiency leads to more actual heat: almost 140,000 Btu’s result from every gallon of oil burned! Here’s a list of 10 more reasons why heating oil is the way to go.
- The latest storage tanks are virtually leakproof. They’re constructed with corrosion-resistant galvanized steel and include a leak-detection system in case of emergencies.
- The development of ultra-low-sulfur heating oil and renewable Bioheat® fuel makes it possible for your oil company to deliver always-improving versions of heating oil.
- It won’t burn. Contrary to what many people believe, heating oil will not burn in its liquid state.
- It won’t explode. In fact, if you were to drop a lit match into heating oil, the flame would go right out.
- Heating oil is very low risk when it comes to concerns about carbon monoxide. While malfunctions are rare, it’s worth noting that when they do occur, it’s usually due to a lack of maintenance. And if an issue happens to come up, the boiler or furnace will, in most cases, be shut off by the unit’s safety devices.
- Just a single gallon of heating oil provides an average of five hours of heat.
- In a well-insulated home, an efficient, modern oil heating system in a South Carolina home can produce the same amount of warmth you’re used to using up to 40% less fuel.
- When you upgrade your oilheat system to a more efficient one, you could be eligible for up to $500 in rebates.
- Your oil company will always have an ample supply of fuel for your South Carolina home. This is because heating oil companies throughout the state are family-owned, local businesses making sure to stay competitive.
- You’ll see a drop in your bill once you have an upgraded oilheat system that incorporates the latest fuel-efficient technology.
Take a look around our website to learn more about why oilheat is the way to go.